- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Oktoberfest startet Freitag in Renton in der Piazza
Renton's first-ever Oktoberfest kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the Renton Pavilion Event Center.
This year's three-day event is a celebration of true German spirit in honor of Bavaria's Oktoberfest in Germany. As presented by the Renton Chamber of Commerce and The Berliner Pub, there are a whole host of activities planned for Friday and Saturday at the center at the Piazza on South Third Street and Burnett Avenue South from 4 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. each day.
There will be a David Hasselhoff Look-alike Contest, German beers on tap, German bands, food, games, an outdoor Biergarten and a whole pig roast. The entertainment will be hosted by Manuela Horn of the Oktoburlesques.
Contestants in the Renton Miss Oktoberfest beauty competition will wow the judges with talents other than drinking, but also drinking and their German trivia knowledge.
Tickets are $15 advance and $20 day of the event. Advance tickets are available through BrownPaperTickets.com or at The Berliner Pub. More information, visit RentonOktoberfest.com.