- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KING! And here's an idea for a gift
Longtime Renton businessman and City Council member King Parker is celebrating his 70th birthday today.
Parker is also immediate past president of the Renton Community Foundation, a not-for-profit that has raised more than $3 million to benefit such causes as healthcare, the arts, education, youth and families and senior emergency pet care in the greater Renton area.
Here's a gift suggestion from the foundation.
"There could be no better gift than a contribution to the Shannon Parker Memorial Scholarship Fund at the Renton Community Foundation in honor of King's 70th birthday milestone. This fund was established by King and Bunny Parker after the untimely passing of their son, Shannon. Your contribution will be used for scholarships at Renton Technical College."
"We have already received a number of gifts," said foundation executive director Lynn Bohart late Friday morning.
"He is the King," she says.
To donate to the Shannon Parker Memorial Scholarship Fund, go to Renton Community Foundation and click on "donate now."