- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
School board honors Renton High's Outstanding Seniors
Twelve Renton High School students were recognized as Outstanding Seniors at Wednesday’s School Board meeting.
Principal Paul Apostle introduced the 12 students as an exceptionally talented group of young people who have received numerous individual honors, succeeded in the classroom, served their community and represented Renton High School with poise and honor.
Students were selected based on their academic achievement, leadership, co-curricular involvement, citizenship and character, community service and school contributions.
Students spoke briefly during the presentation about what made them successful in school and motivated them in their personal life. They recognized their parents in attendance, acknowledged friendships with other students and named certain “Most Inspirational” teachers.
Renton High’s Outstanding Seniors are Kanisha Calcote, Kristin Le, Dustin Dacuan, Sara Mulliner, Terrence Eng, Romeo Poza, Alex Haag, Joanne Tran, Adrienne Hardin, Ryan Quigtar, Manpreet Kaur and Kristin Zeutenhorst.