- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Renton Rotary Club Teachers of the Month for November
• Nicole Brown is a first-grade teacher at Lakeridge Elementary School. She attended DePaul University in Chicago, Ill., where she earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology then Brown earned a master’s degree in education from the University of Phoenix. Before becoming a teacher in the Renton School District, she worked as a preschool teacher. In her spare time, Brown likes to read, exercise and organize. She has been teaching in Renton for six years.
• Heather Nelson is a language arts teacher at McKnight Middle School. She attended Eastern Washington University where she earned a bachelor of arts in English education. Nelson enrolled at Lesley University where she obtained a master’s in education with a focus in curriculum and instruction. Nelson also earned an endorsement in school library and media and is currently working toward her National Board Certification. This is her 10th year teaching in Renton.
• Tracie Brown is a second-grade teacher at Campbell Hill Elementary School. She attended Seattle University where she earned a bachelor of arts degree in liberal studies. Brown then continued her education at Seattle University to earn her master’s degree in teaching. Prior to teaching in Renton, she worked for Washington State University’s Cooperative Extension, teaching families about nutrition. Brown has been teaching in Renton for more than 10 years.
A luncheon is held at the Maplewood Golf Course to recognize Rotary’s Teachers of the Month. Teachers are introduced, given the opportunity to speak about their classrooms and given a $200 gift certificate for instructional supplies.