- About Us
Girl Scouts offering informational meetings in Renton
Girl Scouts will present six informational meetings in the Renton and Kent areas in September and October.
The meetings are a chance for girls in grades kindergarten through 12 and their parents or guardians to learn about Girl Scouting. Troop leaders will answer questions about scouting, membership, activities and scout leadership.
Information about Girl Scouts is available online at the Girl Scouts of Western Washington website.
Girl Scout troops are divided into six age groups beginning with Daisies, who are the youngest scouts and are who in kindergarten and first grade. Next come Brownies in second and third grades, then Juniors in fourth and fifth grades, Cadettes in sixth through eighth grades, Seniors in ninth and 10th, and finally Ambassadors in 11th and 12th grades.
The meetings are:
• Thursday, Sept. 20, 7-8:30 p.m. at Fairwood Community United Methodist Church, 15255 S.E. Fairwood Blvd., Renton
• Friday, Sept. 21, 4-5:30 Covington Library, 27100 164th Ave. S.E., Covington
• Monday, Sept. 24, 7-8:30 p.m. at Fairwood King County Library, 17009 140th Ave. S.E., Renton
• Friday, Sept. 28, 4-5:30 p.m. Kent Library, 212 Second Ave. N., Kent
• Friday, Sept. 28, 7-8:30 p.m., Lake Desire Community Clubhouse, 18118 172nd Ave. S.E., Renton
• Thursday, Oct. 4, 7-8:30 p.m. at Kent Library, 212 Second Ave. N., Kent
For more information contact Community Troop Development Manager Kristina Droppers at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-614-1126.