- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Early signup under way for Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing in Renton
Thousands of runners – and walkers – are expected for the Second Annual Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing on Sunday, April 10.
The inaugural event last year drew more than 2,000 people to run, starting at The Landing, then along the southeast shore of Lake Washington and around the Seahawks training facility, the Virginia Mason Athletic Center, and back to The Landing.
The day includes other events, too.
• 5K Run/Walk (through South Lake Washington neighborhoods)
• Half-Mile Kids Run (contained within The Landing)
• Blitz, the Seahawks mascot
• The Sea Gals, the Seahawks dance team
• Blue Thunder, the Seahawks drum line (WHAT)
• Family fun, including bounce houses for kids.
Early registration is now open for the 12K run, the 5K or half-mile Kids Run at The Landing.
The Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing will benefit the Renton/Skyway Boys & Girls Club.
Here's the schedule for the day:
• 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. – day-of-race registration
• 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Participant packet pick up
• 9 a.m. – Start of Seahawks 12K Run and Valley Medical Center 5K run/walk
• 10:30 a.m. – Start of half-mile Kids Run (open to all kids 10 and under)
• 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. – Kid’s Zone activities including bounce houses