- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Four Renton businesses among best workplaces for recycling
King County Solid Waste Division recently announced that four Renton businesses have been named to the 2014 “Best Workplaces for Recycling and Waste Reduction.”
This is the highest number of businesses listed since the program began in 2007. The Renton honorees are American Classic Homes Real Estate, City of Renton, Kenworth Truck Company and Taco Time Northwest.
This year’s businesses adopted an array of creative recycling and waste reduction strategies, from creating liquid fertilizer out of food scraps to using electric delivery vehicles, a release stated.