- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
County hosting career expo for veterans on Tuesday in Seattle
More than 100 local employers will have representatives in downtown Seattle on Tuesday for a career expo specifically designed for military veterans and their spouses.
There will be employers from both the private and public sectors, including manufacturing, health care, aerospace, government, law enforcement, information technology, shipping, and others.
Organizers with King County's Veterans Program worked with Joint Base Lewis-McChord to invite military personnel who are transitioning out of the armed services.
The career expo for local military veterans takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, July 15, at the Washington State Convention Center, downtown Seattle.